Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Obamacare



Yes, this directly affects me at my job. Me, because it is my job, and my 165 other co-workers, because it is their health care and their pay. We’re an over-50-employee company, and have been struggling to figure out just what the hell we have to do to stay compliant with a law. A law that very few people are completely versed in throughout the entire country.

We have very good insurance brokers who have been helping us through this irritating and stressful process. Me, I’m not an expert. I’m the man-on-the-ground for the company, and I do what I’m told. So far the only firm recommendation was to keep part-timers below 30 hours per week. Make it below 28 hours to assure compliance and avoid gray area fees, fines, and penalties. So that kid struggling to make a few bucks, that mom working a second job, well, thanks to Obamacare, we can’t give you the extra hours you want to work. Get a third job, if you can find one.

So this year-long delay, this naked pandering to business in the hopes of winning another election cycle by any-means-necessary, is actually good for me. For now. But not for those part-timers.

This president is a disaster to this country’s economy.

And I still think we need to dismantle this monstrosity before it goes into effect January 1, 2014.

No comments: