Saturday, July 6, 2013

Land of the Lost


Don’t ask me why, but I just watched the entire Land of the Lost movie. You know, the 2009 “parody” re-make starring Will Ferrell. Back then it was pretty much panned by all respected critics and bombed gloriously at the box office. Despite being a huge fan of the 70s serious as a kid (and haven’t seen the old shows since), despite a huge upswell of nostalgia for it, the wife forbade me from wasting money on it in the theaters or renting it from the video store. (When there were video stores, that is.)

Honey, you were right.

Now I am depressed. I have wasted 120 minutes of my life never to be retrieved. As I am (hopefully) at the mid-point of my sojourn on this planet, more and more certain am I that that every minute counts. Thank God my children are still away on vacation with the wife, or I’d feel guilty about, er, putting this crapfest before them.

Time is too short, I keep reminding myself, for post-2003 Will Ferrell. Time is too short.

No comments: