Tuesday, July 2, 2013

July Agenda


So, what does Hopper want to accomplish this July?

Hmmmm.

Definitely need to resume my workouts. Been doing so for six weeks, stopped, now finding it hard to restart. Working lots of OT at work and eating very poorly to manage stress. Both bad for workout scheduling, though one is good for us financially. But – hey, I find time to watch teevee, right? I can find time to hop on the exercise bike for 20 minutes or throw some weights around for the same amount of time.

Definitely need to research the self-publishing thing. That’s a pretty vague, indefinable goal, no? So it doesn’t get accomplished. How about this: Two hours researching website that will help me self-publish. There. Tangible. Alls I need is a computer, an internet connection, and someplace to write or type notes. Doable.

What else?

I’ve been pulled quite strongly to overhaul my eating. Funny when you’re tuned into something – all of a sudden, it’s everywhere. I’ve been hearing people talk about eating right, in person and on the tube, I’ve walked down a library aisle and suddenly spot an “Eat Right!” book on a reshelving tray, I accidentally click on an article about nutrition on the web. Must be God swinging a mystical 2 x 4 at my head. So … let me post something in the next couple of days … say, four simple things to do to overhaul one’s eating habits, in a replace this with this format. Then, I’ll do it, and see what happens.

Wanna finish repainting Patch’s bedroom, and get her new furniture assembled.

Wanna clean up a disaster area of our basement.

(That should be enough domestic goals!)

So, those are my July Month Goals:

1. Resume daily workouts

2. Research self-publishing for 2 hours

3. Change four nutritional habits for the better

4. Finish Patch’s room

5. Clean the basement

My definition of success in this area is 80% - four out of five. We’ll see in 29 days …

No comments: